Perez Planning + Design, LLC served as the Project Manager/Parks Planner for the City of Cape Coral Parks Master Plan Update.
The purpose of the Master Plan was to:
• Identify issues, needs, and opportunities,
• Ensure adequate growth of the park system,
• Modernize Level of Service (LOS),
• Identify continual funding opportunities, and
• Provide planning actions and acquisition needs
The project was organized into four phases:
• Phase 1 - Existing Conditions Analysis
• Phase 2 - Needs + Priorities Assessment
• Phase 3 - Long Range - Visioning
• Phase 4 - Implementation Strategy
The community’s top priorities included new neighborhood and community parks, improvements to existing parks, trails, and canoe/kayak access. Identified capital and operations and maintenance improvements were organized into a 10-year, $56.5 million implementation strategy that will be accomplished in 3 primary phases. Identified funding sources included a $40 million obligation bond, $5 million in alternative funding sources, $2 million in partnerships and donations, $6 million from the City’s general fund, and $3.5 million from public-private partnerships.